HONN is designed to last for many years to come but all precious jewelry will naturally tarnish and look dull if proper care have not been taken. So, following are instructions on how to make your jewelry last a lifetime.
- Always protect your jewelry from knocks, scratches, chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold to minimize these effects.
- Your jewelry will age and tarnish naturally so if you want to keep your pieces in pristine condition, clean your jewelry regularly, using a professional jewelry cleaning product.
- Be aware of tarnish which may occur as a result of oxidization, caused by the interaction of silver or gold plated jewelry with certain elements such as oxygen or sulfur as well as with certain acids.
- Never go swimming wearing your jewelry, as chlorine in swimming pools can cause damage to all metals and will erode gold jewelry.
- Remove jewelry when showering or bathing.
- Avoid wearing while cleaning, gardening or performing sports activities.
How to clean your fine jewelry:
- Cleaning gold jewelry is best done with warm water and detergent free soap. Thoroughly dry your jewelry after exposure to water.
- Gold Plating will wear off over time - to have your jewelry re-plated, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote. Use non-abrasive cleaning materials. If a cleaning substance is too strong it may remove the gold. Frequently clean in a mild dishwashing liquid diluted in water. Use of a polishing cloth or strong jewelry cleaner is not recommended.
- Cleaning you diamonds at home is safely done rinsing them in warm water and cleaning them with a soft cloth to dry.
- Most gemstone jewelry can be cleaned in a mild soap and warm water solution or with a non-abrasive jewelry cleaner using a soft brush.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.
Tips to storage your fine jewelry:
- Create a controlled storage environment
- Store jewelry by type
- Clean jewelry before storing
- Use soft fabric lining
- Secure your fine jewelry
- Do not put your Amber Jewelry on before hairspray and perfume is applied, because it will likely create a whitish coating on the Amber that may be permanent.
- Avoid extreme temperatures – too hot or too cold can cause damage to the stone. Keep Amber Jewelry away from direct sunlight and heating.
- Avoid cooking or cleaning while wearing an amber ring or bracelet. The household chemicals and heat can destroy the amber.
- you never want to use an ultrasonic jewelry machine or a steam cleaner. They can damage the polish around the amber and cause significant damage to the stone.
- Take all Amber Jewelry off before taking shower.
How to store and clean your amber
To clean your Amber, use a soft flannel cloth dampened with clean lukewarm water. You should dry your Amber very carefully, lightly polish with clear olive oil, and then remove any excess oil and restore the polish with another soft cloth.
Your Amber Jewelry should not be stored with other jewelry where it can rub against other pieces, especially metals. We recommend that you place your amber in a soft pouch. Before ever storing your amber jewelry, make sure it is cleaned and polished before placing it into a jewelry box.
Follow these easy guidelines, your Jewelry will reward you with a lifetime of service and wonder.